From gamer to maker. You're between 8 and 16? Become an actor of your passion in programming with Silversquare and We Are Coders
SQ Academy: An exclusive range of training courses given by experts and enthusiasts in their fields of expertise in the exceptional setting of Silversquare.
Kids Coding Lab: A module in 12 independent and varied workshops focusing on learning by doing and project implementation for 8 to 11 year olds and 12 to 15 year olds (bridging possible). First workshop: Wednesday 14 September. Have you been searching for an off-the-beaten-track activity for your children? Look no further: get your diaries ready!
A light, practical and accessible training cycle for a modest contribution thanks to the sponsorships Silversquare and www.wearecoders.org
Each workshop offers a different activity according to the age group and does not require any prerequisites (the workshops are independent of each other). To guarantee optimal training and complete availability of the trainers, the groups are deliberately limited to 10 children. The workshops are given in French.
All the environments/software have been chosen so that young people can download them for free at home. None of them is paid for or intrusive in the privacy of personal information. Accessibility and security are therefore total.
Silversquare and We Are Coders have taken a vow of inclusion and openness. If you would like to register your child but the small fee we offer is still an obstacle, please contact Cedric Meuris email@example.com or 0475/81 64 52. We will find a solution together.
Parents: Take advantage of our working environment and spend a free afternoon in Silversquare Bailli while your children attend the workshops.
Registration for the first 4 sessions is open (please contact us for the rest of the programme: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 14:00 to 15:30 for 8 to 11 year olds.
- 3.30 p.m. to 5 p.m. for 12 to 15 year olds.
- 2pm to 3.30pm: PiskelApp: learn about Pixel Art, create your first sprites (characters and objects) and discover the basics of animation.
- From 3.30 pm to 5 pm: Introduction to micro:bit, a microcontroller with multiple possibilities: LED display, programming a thermometer, a compass and a first game: rock, paper, scissors.
- 2pm to 3.30pm: Scratch: discover the basics of programming in Scratch and learn the basic techniques of programming animation.
- From 15:30 to 17:00: Introduction to programming with micro:bit, a microcontroller with multiple possibilities. Project of the day: program and customise the behaviour of your own tamagotchi (virtual pet).
- 2pm to 3.30pm: Scratch retrogaming: discover the basics of programming in Scratch and recreate a legendary first game: PONG.
- From 3.30 to 5pm: Introduction to programming with micro:bit, a microcontroller with multiple possibilities. Project of the day: vintage game with leds and sound.
- 2pm to 3.30pm: Scratch: discover the basics of programming in Scratch and create an animated greeting card.
- From 15h30 to 17h00 : : Introduction to the web : create and customize an animated greeting card in HTML5 and CSS3.
Silversquare Bailli - Avenue Louise 231, 1050 Brussels.
SQ, We Are Coders (WAC) and Cryptosquare members: 10€/workshop.
Non members: 15€/workshop.
The contents and statements of the trainers are their own. Silversquare assumes no responsibility whatsoever. Tickets are not refundable.