SQ Academy x We are Coders = SQ Kids Coding Academy
An exclusive offer of trainings given by experts and enthusiasts in their fields of expertise in the exceptional setting of Silversquare.
WE ARE CODERS Offers programming workshops for children in the Silversquare coworking spaces, allowing parents to avoid unnecessary travel by taking advantage of the infrastructure to work on site during the activity. They have been offering courses and internships in creative programming to young people for the last 5 years, face-to-face in Brussels and online internationally (www.wearecoders.org)
The SQ Academy Kids Coding Lab is a set of independent and varied workshops focused on learning by doing and project realization for 8 to 16 year olds. Looking for an activity for your kids that is off the beaten path? Look no further: grab your calendar! A light, practical and accessible training cycle for a modest contribution thanks to the sponsorships of Silversquare and We are Coders.
Cherry on the cake: Parents welcome to work in the Silversquare Bailli in the afternoon!
Discovery workshops with various themes to learn about codes and different environments:
- Creation of video games in Scratch, Python, Micro:Bit, Godot Engine, AppInventor...
- Graphic creation projects in Pixelart, Python, Blender or Processing
- Introduction to robotics via VexCode and MicroMaqueen
The content of each workshop is independent from the other sessions of the module, which allows everyone to come to the sessions that suit their schedule. Parents or accompanying persons are invited to stay and work on site if they wish, in order to avoid unnecessary travel.
WHY TEACH CHILDREN TO PROGRAM?
- Coding helps children develop problem-solving skills and critical thinking. They learn to analyze problems and break them down into smaller pieces, then use logic to put the pieces together to create a solution.
- Coding can also help children develop their creativity and self-expression. They can use code to create their own games, animations and websites, and have the freedom to express themselves in a unique way.
- Coding can improve communication skills. When working on a coding project, children often have to explain their thought process and ask their peers for help.
- Learning to code can also give children an advantage in the job market. Many jobs in a variety of fields now require some level of coding knowledge, and learning to code at a young age can give children a head start in these areas.
- Finally, coding can be a lot of fun for kids! It can be a rewarding and engaging activity that keeps their minds active and helps them develop new interests.
All environments/software have been chosen so that kids can download them for free at home. None of them are paid for or intrusive in the privacy of personal information. The accessibility and security are therefore total.
- Workshops every Wednesday, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., beginning Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Ages 8 to 16
- Parents: Take advantage of our working environment and spend a complimentary afternoon at Silversquare Bailli while your children attend the workshops.
- Registration is open for the first quarter until the July 7th workshop
- Location: Silversquare Bailli - Avenue Louise 231 in 1050 Brussels.
- Financial contribution: SQ, We Are Coders (WAC) and Cryptosquare members: 10€/workshop. Non members: 15€/workshop.
Silversquare and We Are Coders are committed to inclusion and openness. If you want to register your child but the fee we offer is still a barrier, we invite you to contact Yasmina (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0492721265). We will find a solution together.